Improving the Knowledge Base and Infrastructure to Enhance the Efficiency of Nutrient Use in Agriculture and Reduce the Negative Impact of Agriculture on the Environment.
This project is funded by the SNSF (Swiss National Science Foundation) as part of the SCOPES (Scientific co-operation between Eastern Europe and Switzerland) Programme. Run by the SNSF and the SDC (Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation), the SCOPES Programme is aimed at research groups and institutions in Switzerland and Eastern Europe wishing to embark on a scientific collaboration.
The project aims to improve fertilisation management practices with regard to agricultural crops via more effective utilisation of the soil nutrients (N, P, K, Mg, etc.) and the fertilisers applied. The objective is to obtain high agricultural output whilst reducing the negative impact on the environment.
- Agroscope (Dr. Sokrat Sinaj, Project Coordinator, Dr. Hedi Kebli)
- Crop Research Institute, Czech Republic (Dr. Pavel Čermák, Dr. Martina Eiseltova, Dr. Gabriela Mühlbachova)
- Agriculture University of Tirana, Albania (Dr. Evan Roco, Dr. Sulejman Sulce)
- University of Novi Sad, Serbia (Dr. Jovan Crnobarac, Dr. Goran Jaćimović, Dr. Srdjan Šeremešić);
- Institute of Soil Science and Agrochemistry, Azerbaijan (Dr. Amirakh Mamedov, Dr. Vugar Babayev).