Biofumigation 7 Symposium
International Symposium on Biocidal and Non-Biocidal Plants to improve Soil Health
30 March – 3 April 2020 in Switzerland
Welcome to the Biofumigation 7 Symposium!
This international symposium is the seventh of its kind, with ONE important change: it includes research on all kinds of plants used to improve soil health, also such not being used for biofumigation.
The symposium aims to serve as a gathering point for researchers, advisers and breeders from around the world for the exchange of knowledge on the use of plants and plant-derived products to improve soil health.
The topic of the symposium is the use of plants or plant-derived products to improve soil-health-related biological, chemical and physical soil properties.
The aim is to stimulate knowledge exchange on this topic between researchers, advisers, educators and breeders from around the world.
Special emphasis is placed on the participation of young researchers, i.e. PhD and MSc students. To encourage their participation, the following three arrangements have been made:
- Low-rate accommodation is available (see ‘Accommodation’)
- Lower registration fee for students
- Publication in an open-access journal (Global Journal of Agricultural Innovation, Research & Development) at the especially low rate of USD $100.
The symposium venue is the Grand Hôtel du Parc in the Swiss alpine resort of Crans-Montana.
- 6 December 2019 - Abstracts submission
- 20 December 2019 - Notification of acceptance (oral/posters)
- 15 January 2020 - Earlybird registration
Organising Committee (Agroscope)
phone: +41 58 481 35 35
phone: +41 58 481 35 16
CA Occitane, France
Harper Adams University, UK
High Performance Seeds, USA
InteliGro, South Africa